EUROLAB – TIC Council organize a joint webinar, titled “The Lab of the future and the future of labs“, which will be hosted on Tuesday, 27 October, from 15h – 16:30h (Brussels time) via the WebEx platform.
The webinar will be dedicated to explore the changes that laboratories are currently facing in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the technological developments that are exponentially changing the landscape. As new technologies and rapidly-developing innovations are being introduced at a steady pace, it is of vital importance for laboratories to constantly stay informed about the latest transformations in the sector, the new perspectives that these will bring, and how laboratories can adapt and thrive in this new environment.
The webinar will cover more specifically topics such as: remote audits, new norms and standards and their implementation, current and future challenges and opportunities for laboratories. It will also focus on bringing together various relevant actors from laboratory associations, accreditation organizations as well as private stakeholders, in order to cover a wide range of perspectives and to explore ideas for adapting to a rapidly changing world. We are happy to have the following speakers:
- Hanane Taidi, TIC Council Director General – Moderator of the panel
- Etty Feller, ILAC Chair – Introduction to the concept of “Lab of the future”, current changes at ILAC level and support given to laboratories, the impact of COVID-19 on remote assessments, the recognition of laboratories.
- Heinz Wilkening, European Commission, DG JRC Joint Research Centre – Smart Labs & interoperability testing methodology
- Eric Roman, President & CEO at Pace Analytical Services LLC – A US perspective on the main issues laboratories are facing in the US and the opportunities the future holds.
- Álvaro Silva Ribeiro, EUROLAB President – The impact of COVID-19 on the EU Laboratories. An EU perspective on the Lab of the future and how can it best adapt to the upcoming challenges while grabbing the new technological opportunities offered.
- Betina Monika Jahn, Head of Innovative Product Management, SGS Germany GmbH: Remote Auditing, practical learnings & a glimpse of the future.
The panel will end with a Q&A session when the audience will have the opportunity to address questions of interest in relation to the topic.
To attend the webinar please register via this page.